An intensive, enjoyable and targeted RPAS training package for individuals and businesses. This 2-day, face to face course was born from training delivered to Surf Life Savers in RPAS surveillance operations on our beaches – and it is now available to the wider community. The course provides a level of theoretical and practical training that will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to operate your sub 2Kg RPAS commercially and / or recreationally within CASA’s sub 2kg RPAS guidelines. More information can be found here.
Who’s it for
- Individuals and businesses that do not require a CASA RePL qualification, but have identified the need for an effective, short duration and cost effective RPAS training solution
- New sub 2Kg drone owners (or future drone owners) wanting the skill sets required for getting the most out their aircraft
- Individuals wishing to explore their interest in RPAS or take on flying as a hobby
- Those looking for an activity that is both fun and educational. Combined parent / child options available.
- Schools wishing to provide students with extra curricular activities (contact us to discuss how we can meet your needs).
- Access to a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) textbook throughout the course
- Student Guide
- Remote pilot / aviation theory package delivered by one of our highly experienced instructors.
- 5 hrs of practical flying.
What you get
- RPAS Fundamentals Certificate, awarded by The Ripper Aviation Academy following successful completion of theoretical and practical training modules
What does it allow you to do
- Fly your sub 2Kg RPAS safely and effectively, knowing you’ve satisfied The Ripper Aviation Academy’s basic theoretical and practical training standards.
Opportunities and benefits
- Piece of mind for individuals and organisations that a foundation level of training has been provided prior to taking advantage of CASA’s sub 2Kg regulations. This may form an important part of your risk management process if you intend flying sub 2Kg RPAS commercially without a RePL and / or ReOC
- An excellent stepping stone to additional training and certification. You will be ahead of the curve in terms of your theoretical knowledge and flying skills
- $300 off The Ripper Academy’s RePL course (valid for 12 months)